Provide strategic leadership and implementation oversight for Special Events; signature campaigns including Liver Life Walks, Flavors, Galas and Challenge events. Develop and implement Special Event revenue generation strategies that will grow revenue in the above listed income streams. Collaborate with other appropriate national departments to ensure that the resources needed to execute at the highest level are available to support implementation.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic leadership to 14 Divisions located in all regions of the US and to ensure that Special Event design and core tactics support execution at the highest level for Special Events which include Liver Life Walks, Flavors and Gala Culinary Events, Challenge Events and other events that result in annual revenue growth
- Working in concert with the rest of the national senior team, create a comprehensive, aggressive and well-defined short term and long term Special Events Strategic Plan
- Work with Divisions’ staff to ensure the special events meet or exceed budget.
- Collaborate with Division staff to identify potential national sponsors, volunteers and celebrities who can become leaders within specific events.
- Ensure that event support materials are created and produced in a timely manner to support implementation resulting in event growth.
- Identify materials, training and support needs for Divisions, assist with the development and delivery as needed.
- Work collaboratively with IT department to ensure that the technical tools available to support event implementation are well designed and support ease of use.
- Demonstrated and proven track record running highly successful special events through the implementation of best practices/core tactics that drive revenue, build relationships with donors and support organization's mission.
- Knowledge and experience with CRM, night of auction systems and database management systems. Convio experience preferred.
- Solid experience running a wide variety of special events including large scale revenue food and wine, walks, endurance and other event management.
- Detailed-orientated with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to motivate and work with remote teams in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
Must have a minimum of 8+ years of recent and related experience with a National NPO.
- Demonstrated experience of coaching and leading a team to success
- Experience with income and expense procedures and reporting
- Familiarity with financial reports and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with fundraising database management
- 20-30% travel, must have a valid driver’s license and willing to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
If you are interested or know of a qualified candidate, please forward resume to David Ticker at email@example.com or Lynne Ciliento at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page updated: October 15th, 2013