Test your knowledge about Hepatitis with these 10 questions!
About Hepatitis – True or False
1. The word ‘hepatitis’ means inflammation of the liver. True__ False__
2. In the United States, the most common types of viral hepatitis are Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. True__ False__
3. A vaccine is available for hepatitis A. True__ False__
4. Hepatitis A can be easily treated. True__ False__
5. Hepatitis B isn’t that highly infectious True__ False__
6. The best way to prevent hepatitis B is through vaccination. True__ False__
7. About 95% of adults who are exposed to hepatitis B fully recover within six months without medication. True__ False__
8. The best way to prevent hepatitis C is also through vaccination. True__ False__
9. Someone can have hepatitis C for years or even decades without having symptoms True__ False__
10. One in 30 of the baby boomer generation has been infected with hepatitis C, and the overwhelming majority isn’t aware of it. True__ False__
T or F answers are on the bottom of the World Hepatitis Day Page.
© Copyright 2016 American Liver Foundation. All Rights Reserved. The American Liver Foundation is included in CharityWatch’s 2016 list of Top-Rated Charities and is a Member of the World Hepatitis Alliance.