Based in Chicago, the Great Lakes Division covers Illinois and Michigan. The Division works to promote liver wellness and educational initiatives through targeted programs that reach youth, patients, the general public and the professional community. The Division works to fundraise through special events, private contributions and foundations to support the promotion of liver wellness education and information and to additionally support our national research agenda.
How can I help in my workplace?
- Obtain 15 minutes of a regularly scheduled employee meeting for American Liver Foundation to present a Liver Wellness Update to the employee base
- Be a company Team Captain for the Liver Life Walks or Liver Life Challenge events
- Assist in securing financial sponsorship and/or matching gifts to support education and research initiatives through your company
- Provide information about liver wellness for your company’s health and wellness center, internal employee newsletter, payroll stuffer and/or online publication
- Staff an American Liver Foundation information table at your company health fair or at a local wellness event
How can I help with American Liver Foundation programs?
- Staff a health exposition: promote awareness and on-site health screenings
- Assist in procuring American Liver Foundation media opportunities for PSA/public service announcements
- Assist with registration, set up or speak at American Liver Foundation patient updates/symposiums on liver wellness
- Promote Liver Wellness or event public service announcements through Radio/TV (information provided)
- Co-present and/or organize a Love Your Liver Youth Training Program at your child’s school
- Write your personal story for the Division promotional materials, newsletter and/or website
- Take local/regional legislative/advocacy meetings with the American Liver Foundation staff and tell your story
How can I help at special events?
Lend your time, talent and expertise to our fundraising and awareness events: Liver Life Walks, Liver Life Challenge or the Flavors Culinary Gala. From marketing and promotion to sponsorship and in-kind development for goods and services to auction procurement, to day of event set up and logistics-there are many opportunities that are required to fulfill an ambitious fundraising plan. Please visit our Events page for more information about each event!
How can I help at an American Liver Foundation office?
Assist with various office tasks including mailings, database entry and gift processing.
How do I get started?
Complete the application below and email it to email@example.com
Apply to volunteer at American Liver Foundation events and programs.
Page updated: December 10th, 2015