Liver Disease Information
In Your Area
American Liver Foundation
39 Broadway, Suite 2700
New York, New York 10006
The American Liver Foundation is pleased to announce a partnership with NeedyMeds, a national organization that maintains a website of free information on programs that help people who can’t afford medications and healthcare costs. The partnership provides the free Drug Discount Card for uninsured and underinsured patients and their families.
The free Drug Discount Card is accepted at over 63,000 pharmacies, including major chains such as Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and at regional chains and local stores. Scroll down for pharmacy search to find participating pharmacies near you.
There are no income, insurance or residency requirements, and no fees or registration process needed to use the card. One card can be shared with friends and family members, or they can print their own. The card is active immediately and never expires.
The card can also be used for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies if written on a prescription blank, and pet prescription medicines purchased at a pharmacy.
Anyone can use the card but it can't be combined with insurance. You can use it instead of insurance if:
• The insurance has no drug coverage
• There is a high drug deductible
• There is a low medicine cap that has been met
• There is a high copay and the card offers a better price
• You are in the Medicare Part D donut hole
This is not an insurance program. The card cannot be used in combination with government programs or private insurance. The card cannot be used to lower a copayment.
You will probably find an answer on the Questions and Answers section of NeedyMeds website or you can call 1-888-602-2978.
• This card is not an insurance program-it's a discount card.
• There may be no savings for certain drugs, including many inexpensive generics.
• Must have a prescription
• Download the .PDF below and print it out.
• Cut out the card.
• Give the card to the pharmacist along with your prescription.
• The pharmacist will tell you how much you saved using our drug discount card.
• For a list of participating pharmacies enter your zip code in the pharmacy search.
• For information on drug prices, HERE.