A Message from the Northern California and Nevada Division
Welcome to the Northern California and Nevada Division of the American Liver Foundation. Our mission at the American Liver Foundation is to facilitate, advocate, and promote education, support and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
Thirty million Americans, or 1 in 10, are personally affected by nearly 100 types of liver disease. You can inherit liver disease, have it result from an anomaly found at birth or develop it later on in life. It does not discriminate; it affects individuals without any consideration of age, gender, ethnicity or socioeconomic background. A diagnosis of liver disease can be overwhelming and frightening and we can help. We have a wide variety of information and educational programs to support you, your family, and your community.
We also have a wide variety of events where you can get involved and contribute financially to the growth of our programs.
Our fundraising events include, but are not limited to:
- Liver Life Challenge—commit to climbing Mount Shasta or swimming the San Francisco Bay; in return for you raising funds to support our mission, we provide a qualified & motivating coach, team of supporters, ongoing clinics, and other great incentives like travel and overnight accommodations.
- Liver Life Walk—form a team with your family, friends, coworkers, etc. and join us at one of our many Walk events. It’s a family-friendly event that brings awareness and raises important funds to support our programs.
- Flavors—a unique culinary event that will showcase some of the premier chefs and restaurants. Each chef will prepare tableside, a signature, five-course, gourmet dinner for a table of at least 10 guests.
- Salute to Excellence Gala - The black-tie event salutes those who have made an outstanding contribution to biotechnology and medical innovation. The Salute has been held annually in San Francisco since 1999 and to date has raised nearly $4.8 million dollars to benefit the American Liver Foundation.
Your support of our division will help the American Liver Foundation provide:
- Support for vital research that will expand knowledge of the liver and its diseases and secure more effective measures to prevent, treat, and cure them
- Support groups for patients and families affected by liver diseases
- Organ donor awareness campaigns Administration for a transplant fund assisting individuals who are raising funds and managing their money with the goal of saving for a liver transplant
- Information for patients and their families, physicians and other healthcare professionals, and the general public Information to legislators about the urgent need for more research and education
- Up-to-date information for physicians about diagnosing and treating liver diseases
Thank you for your interest and support.